Female Viagra has even been tried as a treatment for sexual dysfunction in women. The problem of treatment of female frigidity is not new. Various sociological studies indicate that at least 30% of modern women have lost interest in sex, and 20% say that they are unable to achieve orgasm. The most common reason for that is the lack of blood flow to the pelvic organs (similar violation in men leads to impotence). For today it’s clearly established that "Viagra" does not affect the libido enhancement neither for men nor for women, it increases blood flow to the genitalia. Approximately 43% of women suffer from some form of sexual dysfunction. Sexual dysfunction in women is characterized by a lack of desire, arousal, or orgasm. Lack of desire is considered to be the most common complaint among these women. Female Viagra works by blocking an enzyme that acts as an inhibitor of blood flow. Female Viagra may help women facing sexual dysfunction due to side effects of other medication. In cases where sexual desire is inhibited due to emotional or psychological factors, a female Viagra solution may not be applicable. For most women, simply addressing difficulties with arousal may not get to the actual problem — which is often a lack of sexual desire. Many factors can influence a woman's sexual desire.
- Some chronic conditions, such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis, can alter a woman's sexual-response cycle
- For some women, orgasm can be elusive — causing concerns or preoccupations that lead to a loss of interest in sex.
- Highs and lows in sexual desire may coincide with the beginning or end of a relationship or major life changes, such as pregnancy or menopause.
- Many women find that the stresses of daily life deplete their desire for sex.
- Desire is often connected to a woman's sense of intimacy with her partner, as well her past experiences.
Some products and treatments already available:
- L-arginine amino acid cream purported to increase vaginal blood flow using the same amino acid previously used by athletes to increase muscle development
- DHEA or the use of supplements of the male hormone Dehydroepiandrosterone, which is produced both by the adrenal gland and ovaries and converted into testosterone and estrogen. However, use of these supplements carries the risk of heart attacks, breast cancer, and emasculating side effects may also occur
- Testosterone Therapy for women who have undergone an oophorectomy (ovary removal) or a hysterectomy. A testosterone patch has recently been created to improve sexual health in women, but has failed to gain approval by the FDA
If you're experiencing changes or difficulties with sexual function, consult your doctor. In some cases, medications, hormones, creams, clitoral-stimulating products or other treatments may be helpful. Also you need to know that intake of Viagra has some contraindications.